Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Home Decor: Giving an Empty Corner Some Love


Sorry for the radio silence around here! I've been trying to avoid having to say that...but I know I'm breaking blogging rule #1. Blog consistently! I was doing a great job there for a while and then life just started to interrupt. And what it all boiled down to was that I have to take care of life first and then I can do some blogging. Honestly, I have to think that way in order to not go CRAZY!
Here's to hoping I can get a bit more consistent again!


So, I have had a corner of our living room that has remained bare. It really needed a little love and this past weekend...it finally happened!
It all started when I walked by this chair and saw that it was on clearance! I have seen it a few times in Target and always thought the pattern was so pretty. (But at the original price of $179.99...it was not going to happen.) The chair was marked at $89, I used a $10 Target Home coupon and my Target debit card. I walked out of the store paying $76 plus tax for this chair!

Target Threshold Chair

The following day we decided to swing by Ross to see if we could find a little side table.
We found this one which was exactly what I had in mind. A small, metal cut-out side table.
 It was marked down to $27.99.
The ballerina statue was another find this weekend from a re-sale shop downtown for $10.

I decided I also wanted to add a basket for our blankets to make the area fill a little cozier.
This basket was our other Ross find, on clearance for $13.99. At first I was thinking a big wicker basket but I loved the details on this one! It's metal with a canvas insert and thick rope handles.
The horse bookends were yet another find from a re-sale shop downtown this past weekend, $30 for the pair.

Here is how it all looks together.  Just a few things made a big difference in the feel of the entire living room! This was just what it needed. The total on everything for this corner was $128 plus tax. Under the original price of the chair!
Ross Side Table: similar, similar
Threshold Chair: Target
Ross Basket: similar, similar
Ballerina Stature: similar
Horse Bookends (from above): similar

Have you done any small home updates recently? Score any great deals on furniture?
I'm trying to convince my husband that our next project is making over an old dresser.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...